Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Can Coconut Oil Save the World?


This is my first blog...  ever...!

I have always loved writing and I have always loved learning new ways to keep myself healthy naturally.  You can't imagine how excited (and obsessed) I was when I discovered PINTEREST!!  All the natural DIY's were heaven for me! 

In my blog, I would like to share some things I am passionate about.  (I'm very passionate, if nothing else)  Everything I do, I do with passion, which means, if no one else agrees with my views, I stand passionately alone.  And I'm okay with that. :)

I am pleased to see that people are beginning to join in on my passions for acknowledging Mother Nature, taking care of Mother Earth and doing more things naturally!

The first thing I want to talk about is Coconut Oil.  I think that Coconut Oil could one day save the world!  Coconut Oil is so diverse and is used in so many ways for so many things!  You can eat it, you can cook with it, you can use it on your hair and on your skin, you can use it for sun protection, it's good for moisturizing, it's anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral...  I even give it to my pets!

I have many fantastic recipes I want to share with you that uses Coconut Oil!  It draws out toxins when ingested, so I (and Dr. Oz) do suggest eating coconut oil every day.  Start with 1 tablespoon and you can go up from there.  Studies have shown that Coconut Oil positively affects our hormones for thyroid and blood sugar control.  It also increases metabolism, energy and endurance, while increasing digestion and helps to absorb fat-soluable vitamins, all according to Dr. Oz.1

And all of that good is going on INSIDE your body.  Coconut Oil is also a wonderful moisturizer for skin and hair, and is full of vitamin E, which is a natural antioxidant.  Dr Oz suggests finding an organic Coconut Oil to use on your skin to reduce the absorption of toxins and pesticides through your skin.  Studies even show Coconut Oil is great to use on babies and infants.


I have recently started my own home-based business in which I sell all natural and organic beauty products.  Most of them contain my raw, organic, unpasteurized Coconut Oil.  Please check out my homemade natural products at:  www.Back2Eden.net





Use Coconut Oil as a deep conditioner.  You can use the Coconut Oil in the solid or liquid state for this.  Put the Coconut Oil in the palm of your hand.  (The amount varies with the length and thickness of your hair.  My hair is mid-way down my back and very thick, so I get a scoopful-  you really can't get too much!)  Rub it into your hair.  Comb it through using a wide-tooth comb.  Pile loosely on top of your head.  If you want, use a towel to tie it up.  I let mine set for 15-20 minutes, but the longer you leave it on, the more it will condition and the softer your hair will be.  You can even leave it on overnight!

When you are ready, wash it out with the shampoo of your choice, (btw, soon I am adding an all-natural shampoo and conditioner to my BACK 2 EDEN line!) condition and style as usual.  I promise you soft, shiny hair every time!




















No comments:

Post a Comment